- All players must present their valid U of S student card to participate in any Campus Rec sports league.
- Substitutes are allowed during the regular season and must have their valid U of S student card present.
- There is a maximum of two staff/faculty allowed per team and they must pay a $25 recreation fee in order to play.
- In order to be eligible to play in playoffs, players must have been present for at least 50% of games for the team they are registered on.
- Treat all opponents and recreation staff with respect.
- Each team has 6 players.
- A match may not start if a team has fewer than 6 players.
- A match is defaulted if a team does not have 6 players, 10 minutes after the scheduled start time.
- For CoRec leagues at least 2 players of the opposite gender must be on the court at all times.
- For Open leagues there is no gender rule; teams may have any number of either gender on the court.
- Substitutions are allowed on any dead ball. You may substitute for anybody, but do not take advantage of this by substituting your good hitters into the front row all the time.
- Matches will be best of 3 games.
- The first 2 games will be played to 25 points, rally point system (must win by 2 points).
- The 3rd game (if necessary) will be played to 15 points, rally point system (win by 2 points).
- The 3rd game is only counted towards the standings if the match was not won in the first 2 games.
- If your one hour time limit is up, play must end. The score at that time will be the final score for the 3rd game.
- Please make sure your game starts on time, so you have time to finish a 3rd game if necessary.
- Let services are considered in if they land in the court.
- Balls may be dug up with any part of the body, including the legs and feet.
- There is no double hit on any first ball over the net (i.e. setting is allowed on serve receive or on spiked balls).
- Once a ball is tossed on serve you must hit the ball (i.e. no letting the ball drop after you have tossed it). Result is loss of serve, and a point for the opposing team.
- You can serve from anywhere behind the endline, within an extension of the sidelines. No stepping on or over the service line.
- A maximum of 5 serves/server is allowed at one time (recreational only).
- Regular volleyball rules apply, unless otherwise stated in the rules or notes.
- Campus Rec has no officials for volleyball, so please call your own violations (net violations, held ball, double hit). If you are honest, there’s a better chance your opponent will be honest.
- Designate one person from each team to keep score of the game. This way someone will always know the score.
- Team service for the first & third game is determined by a coin toss. The team losing the toss chooses which side they would like to play on.
- Switch sides after the first team reaches 8 points in the 3rd game.
Make sure you aware of the Intramural League rules including defaults, cancellations, forfeits, FAIRPLAY (conduct) and suspensions.