The rock wall has remained closed for the last year and we took that time to make some major updates to it!. Come check them out!
Hours and Location
Physical Activity Complex
Fall Hours 2022
|Monday - Friday||12:00 pm - 9:30 pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||10:30 pm - 9:00 pm
|Saturday and Sunday
||10:30 am - 3:00 pm
Bouldering is permitted during wall hours only. An orientation session (see below) is required before your initial climb.
“The Wall” is a 40 ft. high indoor climbing structure designed to look and feel like an actual rock face. Not only is climbing fun, it’s a great full body workout, so come in to boulder or learn to climb.
- All climbers are required to complete a climbing wall orientation and pass a belay test.
- All climbing equipment is provided.
- Experienced climbing instructors are on-site and are there to help make sure you have a safe and enjoyable climb.
|Wall Orientation (additional to fees)||$10 + GST
|Child/Youth fee||$8 + GST
|Non-member adult drop-in-fee||$10 + GST
Family Intro to Climb (adult and child)
You can learn to safely belay your child while your child gets comfortable on the wall. Feel free to stay and practice during the drop in time directly following the class. Please note that you will be required to pass a belay test in order to belay your child outside of the class time.
Youth Intro to Climb (Ages 14-17)
Learn the basics of climbing including tying in, belaying and safety procedures on the wall. Feel free to stay and practice during the drop-in time directly following the class. Dependent on class numbers, you may be required to register in pairs.
Conditions of Underage Climbers
- All under age climbers will require a parent or legal guardian to complete an informed consent form prior to accessing the wall. No exceptions.
- All child climbers, 5 – 13yrs of age, will require direct supervision on the wall by a parent or legal guardian. The adult to child ratio not to exceed 1 parent per 2 children. Supervising adult must be a member of the Fit Centre or pay the daily drop-in fee.
- All youth climbers, 14 – 17yrs of age will require direct supervision on the wall by a responsible adult (i.e. an 18 year old will not be permitted to supervise under age friends etc. The adult to youth ratio not to exceed 1 adult to every 4 youth. Supervising adult must be a member of the Fit Centre or pay the daily drop-in fee
- Lead climbing will not be permitted for any climber under the age of 18.
- Belaying will not be permitted for any climber under the age of 14; therefore all child climbers will require a parent or legal guardian to belay (see Family Intro to Climb above).
- Underage climbers must stay within the vicinity of the wall and shall not have access to any other area within the Fit Centre.
- The Fit Centre is an adult facility; children or youth who are misbehaving will be asked to leave.
- Children should wear comfortable clothing and clean running shoes, no bare feet permitted.
- Must have completed Wall Orientation instruction course offered daily at 12:30pm, 3:15pm, and 6:30pm.
Our climbing wall is available to rent.