The University of Saskatchewan Swing Dance Club is dedicated to providing swing dance activities for students in an informal,social group setting! No partner or previous dance experience necessary as we start right from the beginning. All classes are on campus in the beautiful PAC dance studio. Membership fees include weekly dance lessons and social dances on Fridays. Join us as we explore the Swing Dances of the 20/s, 30/s, and 40/ like the Charleston, Lindy Hop, Jive, Collegiate Shag, St. Louis Shag, Blues and Balboa!
- Members must be a valid USask student or over 18 years of age to register.
- The club limits enrolment to 70 participants of which only 25% of memberships will be sold to non-students.
- No dance partners required.
Location and Times
- PAC Dance studio
- Note: Only clean, non-marking shoes will be allowed in the dance studio. The less grip on your dance shoes the better!
- Every Friday from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m.
- Lesson from 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Social dancing from 7:30 - 9:00 pm
- First and third Saturday of each month
- Lesson from 8:00 - 9:00 pm
- Social dancing from 9:00 - 10:00 pm
Term 1 Dates: September 6th - December 6th, 2019
Term 2 Dates: January 3rd - April 3rd, 2020
Prices and Registration
- Students: $50/term
- Non-Students $70/term
- Drop-in (Cash only paid onsite to instructor)
- $8/session for Students
- $10/session for Non-Students
Register online at beactive.usask.ca or visit the PAC Office (Room 222).